For those of you completing 2019-2020 Masses – Please note that during this time of social distancing and with our church being closed for the time being you may watch the streaming masses (the masses are then kept on these sites) on St. Paul’s Facebook page and the Parish website. One page in your journal will be your interpretation of the Gospel Reading and on the second page, your interpretation of the priest’s Homily for that day.
As with all our options, Faith First meets the requirements for sacraments and the Registration cost is the same.
1st – 7th Graders need 22 Masses / 8th Graders need 16 Masses*
You may choose to attend ANY of the Saturday or Sunday Masses at St. Paul from September 1, 2020 – June 15, 2021*
Saturday Mass Times:
4:30 pm – Upper Church & Holy Family Chapel (HFC)
Sunday Mass Times:
7:30 am – Upper Church
9:00 am – Upper Church & HFC 10:30 am – Upper Church & HFC
Noon – Upper Church 5:30 pm – Upper Church
You receive a Reflection/Journal Book (or you may use your own book). You bring the book to church with you and have the priest sign and date a page of the book at the end of Mass. (Please note, if you do not have the signature of the priest, the “class” does not count)
If you forget your book you must take a bulletin and have that signed by the priest. Staple that page in your Reflection/Journal Book.
The Reflection/Journal Book is handed in to the Office for Catechesis after your child attends all required Masses & completed the book requirements. See further below for more instruction on book.
In addition you must attend 4 group classes over the course of the year – these classes will be offered on two different days for each month and both days will have two different times to choose from. You will attend with your child; they are approximately an hour in length, there will be no additional work involved with these classes. The classes will be in October, November, January and February. They are held in Holy Family Chapel (HFC) which is in the basement of the church.
2020-2021 Group Class Dates
- October 20th @ 4:00 or 7:00 OR 22nd @ 4:00 or 6:30
- November 17th @ 4:00 or 7:00 OR 19th @ 4:00 or 6:30
- January 12th @ 4:00 or 7:00 OR 14th @ 4:00 or 6:30
- February 9th @ 4:00 or 7:00 OR 11th @ 4:00 or 6:30 (This class is NOT required for those that made Confirmation [8th gr] Feb 2021)
REFLECTION/JOURNAL BOOK WORK – we will be looking for Grade appropriate work from each child
For each Mass there is two pages of work and one priest signature page:
- The first page will be taking that Sunday’s Gospel Reading and rewriting it in their own words.
- The second page will be exploring/writing how the teachings from that Gospel and Homily’can make the participant a better version of themselves.
To review a particular Sunday Gospel, please go to the US Catholic Bishop’s site and click on the Calendar/Sunday you would like to review:
*SACRAMENTAL YEARS MASS EXCEPTION DUE DATES:
8th Graders – Must attend 16 Masses by January 31, 2021
2nd Graders – Must attend 22 classes by April 11, 2021
As with all 8th grade students you will need to complete service and write a Saint Paper:
- Complete Saint paper by November 1 – See Sacrament/Confirmation page of website for directions
- All required service handed in by December 1
- Attend Confirmation Retreat in December
- Complete all work in Reflection/Journal book and return book to office by February 1. Name must be in the book to get credit for work. You may drop book off at the Catechesis Office or at the Rectory with a note that it goes to the Catechesis office.
- Complete extra sacramental work in Decision Point book received on Retreat – due by February 1 – see below.
- Confirmation Interview on January 26
- Attend Confirmation Practice and Make Confirmation in February
Parents will attend the Parent Meeting on October 14
8th Grade extra sacramental work – by February 1
Decision Point Sessions (chapters) 8 – 10 all pages
The Decision Point book is given to the students at the Confirmation Retreat the first Monday in December. Complete all pages and either tear them out and hand in or make copies of the pages. Please remember to have them write their names on these pages. Return these pages along with your child’s Reflection/Journal book.
- Make Reconciliation in February
- Complete all work in Reflection/Journal book and return to office by April 12. Name must be in the book to get credit for work. You may drop book off at the Catechesis Office or at the Rectory (with a note that it goes to the Catechesis Office).
- Complete extra sacramental work (see below) and return along with Reflection/Journal book by April 12.
- Attend your assigned Communion Retreat in March or April
- Attend Communion Practice and Make Communion in May
Parents will attend the Parent Meetings on November 11 and January 20
2nd Grade extra sacramental work – by April 12
Blest Are We Chapters 5 – 8 and 13 – 16
Complete every question in the Chapters Below. Click on each chapter below, you can then print them out and have your child complete ALL questions on each of the pages. Please remember that their name is on the pages. Return these pages along with your child’s Reflection/Journal book. If you do not have access to a printer you may pick up the chapter pages at our office.
1st Grade Parents
Attend the 1st Grade Parent Meeting – September 29 @ 7:00 pm in HFC