Students either attend 18 Sunday Masses in Person (you need to make reservations – please see Parish website for directions) OR watch them online. For each Mass there should be two pages of reflection/summaries – The first page should indicate the date of the Mass and which priest presided and should include a summary of the priest’s homily. The second page should be a reflection on the Gospel Reading – what did it mean to you and how can you use it in your life. We are looking for their summaries to be grade level appropriate. ALSO required are once a month live Zoom classes with discussion (September through March) We ask that the parent watch these with their child(ren). Emails will go out with the Zoom class information time and sign-in.
MISSED A ZOOM CLASS? – MANDATORY MAKE-UP ASSIGNMENT REQUIRED
Pick one of the Seven Sacraments – write a 200 word essay.
First paragraph – describe the Sacrament and what happens
Second paragraph – describe what this Sacraments means to and for You
To review the Gospel Reading, please see the link below and click on the day you are looking up:
As with all 8th grade students you will need to complete service and write a Saint Paper:
- Complete Saint paper by November 1 – See Sacrament/Confirmation page of website for directions
- All required service handed in
- Attend Confirmation Retreat – information on Retreat will be forthcoming
- Complete all work in Reflection/Journal book and return book to office. Name must be in the book to get credit for work. You may drop book off at the Catechesis Office or at the Rectory with a note that it goes to the Catechesis office.
- Complete extra sacramental work in Decision Point book.
- Confirmation Interview
- Attend Confirmation Practice and Make Confirmation
8th Grade extra sacramental work –
Decision Point Sessions (chapters) 8 – 10 all pages
The Decision Point book pages will be published on this page for you to download. Complete all pages and print out or save and email them. Please remember to have them write their names on these pages.
- Make Reconciliation
- Complete all work in Reflection/Journal book and return to office. Name must be in the book to get credit for work. You may drop book off at the Catechesis Office or at the Rectory (with a note that it goes to the Catechesis Office).
- Complete extra sacramental work (see below) and return.
- Attend your assigned Communion Retreat – more information will be forthcoming
- Attend Communion Practice and Make Communion
There will be Parent Meetings – more information will be coming out soon.
2nd Grade extra sacramental work
Blest Are We Chapters 5 – 8 and 13 – 16
Complete every question in the Chapters Below. Click on each chapter below, you can then print them out and have your child complete ALL questions on each of the pages. Please remember that their name is on the pages. Return these pages along with your child’s Reflection/Journal book. If you do not have access to a printer you may pick up the chapter pages at our office.
1st Grade Parents
Attend the 1st Grade Parent Meeting – September 29 @ 7:00 pm in HFC