To be sure to get all of our blast emails please add email@example.com to your email contacts
St. Paul of the Cross is proud to celebrate the sacraments as one faith community, with the Catechesis Program and SPC School celebrating together!
Confirmation Information for 2022-2023:
St. Paul in compliance with the policy and procedure of The Archdiocese of Chicago, has a parent meeting that you are expected to attend.
Required Confirmation Parent Meeting was on October 11 @ 7:00 pm in Holy Family Chapel
If you missed the meeting – please complete the make-up requirement in order to receive the required paperwork!
Confirmations are scheduled by Class – under each date are the classes/Teachers’ Names that are scheduled for that date
PRACTICES ARE MANDATORY
PRACTICES ARE NOT INTERCHANGEABLE
SPONSOR AND CHILD BOTH ATTEND THE ENTIRE PRACTICE – If the sponsor is unable to attend a parent must attend
February 18 @ 9:30 – Mandatory Practice 2/13 @ 7 (Upper Church)
Mrs. Alvarez ~ Mrs. Bacci ~ Mrs. Hill/Ms. Kosiorek ~ Mrs. Klehr ~ Mrs. Pasier ~ Mrs. Vilchis ~ Directed Study Program ~ Good Shepherd Program ~ All Abilities Program
February 18 @ 1:30 – Mandatory Practice 2/16 @ 7 (Upper Church)
Mrs. Donahue ~ Mrs. Meo ~ Mr. Stauffer ~ Independent Study Program ~ Worship Program ~ Other Schools
Due to the large sizes of the Confirmations, any requests for changes will be decided on a case-by-case basis but must be requested no later than December 15.
There is a Confirmation Fee, for each child receiving the sacrament. It is paid by both Catechesis families and School families.
Catechesis Families, please include the $90 Sacrament Fee with your tuition (see Tuition/Fees link on the Registration page of this website).
School families this $90 Sacrament Fee is NOT in your school fees and should be paid by check or using our online payment option (accepts credit cards or electronic checks – and although the page reads Make a Contribution it is for paying Sacrament Fees) on GiveCentral Click Here to Pay Online
Important Links Below for all making Confirmation:
Below is the Saint Paper Instructions (includes worksheet that must also be handed in). These instructions are ONLY for Catechesis (and NR/Willows) students. SPC School students may have other requirements regarding their papers, please consult your child’s religion teacher.
For Catechesis students (and NR/Willows) the Saint Paper, when completed, can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Service is also required for Confirmation. Catechesis (and other schools) students please see the Service page on this website. School students please consult your child’s religion teacher.
Confirmation at St. Paul’s for North Ridge / Willows / Other Schools’ Students
Please use the form below to register for Confirmation Only here at St. Paul’s
If your child attends North Ridge, Willows or another school, your child may join St. Paul for Confirmation under the following circumstances:
- Your family has been an active parish member for your child’s 7th/8th grade years (families that are not active parish members will be accepted on a case-by-case basis and must pay a $180 Sacrament Fee).
- You must pay the $90 Sacrament Fee at the time of Registration – Click Here to Pay SF online
- One parent must attend the Parent Confirmation Meeting – emails will be sent with the date/time/place (if you miss the meeting there will be a required Make-Up)
- Your child must complete OUR Confirmation Requirements: 8th Grade Service (see the Service page on our website for Service Forms and requirements – no proof of 6th or 7th gr service is required for NR/Willow/Other students), Saint Paper/Research Worksheet (see the above link for Service paper requirements) , Interview Requirements and either attend our Confirmation Retreat or provide us with information on what Confirmation Retreat they did attend – all by our deadlines. Additional information regarding Confirmation will go out in the Fall.
- Your child will be assigned a Confirmation Mass along with the corresponding mandatory practice, in order to participate, the above requirements must be met.